Destination: Everest Region
Duration : 23 days
Best Season : Mar-May; Oct-Nov
Grade : Hard
Max. Altitude : 6186m
Kyajo Ri Peak is is a challenging peak in the Khumbu region, between the Thame and Gokyo Valleys and is suitable only for experienced climbers. The technical difficulty of this climb makes it more of an expedition peak rather than a trekking peak. It is reasonably isolated, located in the Mahalangur Range, part of a line of peaks that reach all the way to Cho Oyu on the Nepal-Tibet border. The route to the summit begins at the first base camp situated at 5300 m in the Kyajo Drangka Valley. From there you will ascend to a second high camp on a col at 5700 m and the path to the summit is clear from there. We begin the trip by flying to Lukla from Kathmandu and trek towards the base camp via the Gokyo and Renjo Passes as this helps with acclimatisation.
Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (1300 m/4265 ft)
Day 2 : Kathmandu sightseeing and prepration for trek.
Day 3 : Early morning flight to Lukla (2840 m/9317 ft). Trek to Phakding (2610 m/8562 ft).
Day 4 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m/11286 ft)
Day 5 : Rest day/acclimatise
Day 06: Trek to Dole (4200 m/13780 ft)
Day 07: Trek to Machharmo (4410 m/14468 ft)
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake (4790 m/15715 ft)
Day 09: Hike Gokyo Ri 5360 m (17580 ft) and return to Gokyo.
Day 10: Trek to Lungden (4500 m/14760 ft) via crossing- Renjo La Pass at 5411 m (7750 ft)
Day 11: Trek to Thame (3800 m-12500 ft)
Day 12: Trek to Mende (3740 m -12270 ft)
Day 13: Trek to Kyajo Ri Peak base camp (4550 m-14900 ft)
Day 14: Rest and preparation day at base camp.
Day 15: Set up camp at high camp (5350 m-17550 ft) at glacier
Day 16 – 18: Climbing period for Kyojo Ri Peak 6186 m
Day 19: Clean the base camp and trek back to Namche bazaar
Day 20: Namche Bazaar – Lukla and transfer to teahouse lodge.
Day 21: Lukla – Kathmandu by scheduled flight and transfer to hotel.
Day 22: Kathmandu free day
Day 23: Transfers to airport for your onward journey.
- Camera, chargers, personal medical kit, ID/passport, diary/notebook, Nepalese currency etc....
Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear:
- Climbing boots
- Ice axe
- Tape shilling
- Fursik rope
- Warm Inner base layer
- Day bag (hiking - 10-20 L)
- Rucksack - 45 L
- Gore-Tex jacket and trouser
- Feather/down jacket
- Trekking shoes
- Several pairs warm socks
- Thick climbing gloves
- Normal gloves
- UV polarised sun-glasses
- Water bottle, camelbak
- Water thermos
- International arrival and departure
- Domestic arrival and departure
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (B/B plan)
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight ticket
- Trekking lodge and accommodation
- Climbing guide
- Tent service and full camping support in base camp and high camp
- Food and tent
- cook, kitchen boy and other service crew
- Kyajo Ri Peak climbing permit
- Group climbing gear (fix rope, ice bar, ice screw, rock piton etc)
- Insurance for sherpa and crew
- Personal climbing gear
- Oxygen and regulator mask (emergency support purpose)
- Insurance (rescue, medical)
- Food in Kathmandu
- Drinks and beverages
- Staff tips